[WikiEN-l] Re: Break

cprompt cprompt at tmbg.org
Mon Sep 22 00:42:16 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 23:00, Steve Vertigum wrote:
> --- Adam Raizen <araizen at newmail.net> wrote:
>
> > If anyone has data on Ramallah, Nablus, etc., please
> > add it. It's just
> > that the Israeli government doesn't collect it.
> >

> Well that certainly says it all.  :|
>
> Brion's point is well taken -- cprompt's is not.
>
> Im glad to hear that the number of articles is rather
> small -- only a few hundred -- meaning that what takes
> Adam one fell swoop will take me only a couple years
> to edit, etc. :)  In all honesty I cant fault the use
> of these stats as a starting point-- just nobody get
> in my way when I edit them -- with the claim that
> these numbers are more legitimate or official.
>
> I look forward to it-- its of course easier to
> bulldoze over things than it is to build them.
>
> Seriously, I appreciate the honest and attemtps to
> answer the unanswerable--(Be glad you have someone to
> represent an opposing view) Ga'bless you all -- except
> you C'prompt, you jerk.
>
> -S-
The color of my face is best described as crimson.

I meant that off-list to Adam, and the word jerk was intended
lightheartedly. I tried to reply to my own posting to explain that,
after I realized I had addressed the list..only that time, the reply WAS
offlist, and shortly after I received a reply.

I apologize for being offensive and insulting, even if (and especially
if) it was targetted at someone who was not intended to hear it. Here's
the original message I meant to send.

     From:
cprompt
<cprompt at tmbg.org>
       To:
cprompt at tmbg.org
Re:
[WikiEN-l]
Re: Break
     Date:
Sun, 21 Sep
2003
18:53:48
+0000

On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 18:49, cprompt wrote:
> Just wanted to say that Steve is a jerk and I support your efforts to
> make the Wikipedia as complete as possible, given the data available
> us. :-)

hehe..that was meant to be offlist to Adam. Before I get lashed (as I
should be), I knew that I shouldn' tbe using the word jerk. A better
phrase would be "playing devil's advocate", which is more at what Steve
seemed to be doing, with the what-if scenarios and arguing for NPOV,
even if others didn't deem it to be NPOV. I felt that Adam would
interpret it as light-hearted as I meant it, but I don't think that
others on the list would feel that way.

Attached is a JPG of how red my face is! :-) (#FF0000, i think)