[WikiEN-l] Break

Daniel Ehrenberg littledanehren at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 21 14:23:28 UTC 2003

> --- Steve Vertigum
> <utilitymuffinresearch2 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> And can we consult a solicitor on the copyright
> issue?
>
> The central objection is to include "statistical"
> data
> on Israel, while there is not some similar data
> dealing with "occupied territories" for refugees. To
> add data about Israel irrespective of any date about
> refugees would be to prejudice the argument-- it is
> yet another small victory for those who want to
> "legitimize" by propagation of information (like
> MLP)
> the Israeli side of the equasion-- this time on
> Wikipedia. Go ahead and add it-- I still havent
> heard
> anybody challenge my principles here.  Once again,
> this would represent a way to establish legitimacy
> for
> a state which has violated more international
> sanctions than any other, has legalized torture, and
> still asks people to regard its behaviours as
> sacrosact and saintly.  There is every good reason
> postpone any action on this -- the project has gone
> along fine for years without them. Until some of the
> more fluid concerns are dealt with -- siezed lands,
> illegitimate territories, etc.  I find it
> disappointing that people her fail to have the
> cajones
> to adhere to basic principle. They are just numbers
> after all.
>

> With due respect,
> ~S~

The US doesn't have data on illegal immigrants, yet we
still allow its data to be on 30,000 pages. Should we
say that since the US doesn't have data on illegal
immigrants, by using their data, we are allowing their
argument of saying that illegal immigrants shouldn't
be counted is good? Of course not. And if you dispute
that, it has already been decided by precident and
changing that decision would require the deletion of
thousands of pages with the creation of a new bot
that's potentially destructive.
LDan