[WikiEN-l] Break

Steve Vertigum utilitymuffinresearch2 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 21 01:30:15 UTC 2003

--- Steve Vertigum <utilitymuffinresearch2 at yahoo.com>
wrote:
And can we consult a solicitor on the copyright issue?

The central objection is to include "statistical" data
on Israel, while there is not some similar data
dealing with "occupied territories" for refugees. To
add data about Israel irrespective of any date about
refugees would be to prejudice the argument-- it is
yet another small victory for those who want to
"legitimize" by propagation of information (like MLP)
the Israeli side of the equasion-- this time on
Wikipedia. Go ahead and add it-- I still havent heard
anybody challenge my principles here.  Once again,
this would represent a way to establish legitimacy for
a state which has violated more international
sanctions than any other, has legalized torture, and
still asks people to regard its behaviours as
sacrosact and saintly.  There is every good reason to
postpone any action on this -- the project has gone
along fine for years without them. Until some of the
more fluid concerns are dealt with -- siezed lands,
illegitimate territories, etc.  I find it
disappointing that people her fail to have the cajones
to adhere to basic principle. They are just numbers
after all.

With due respect,
~S~