[WikiEN-l] User:Kkawohl and my RFA

Jake Nelson jnelson at soncom.com
Sat Sep 20 12:45:58 UTC 2003

Two items, the first leading to the second.
Shortly after cleaning up the botched-HTML mess of links under
[[Transcendentalist Hypothesis of the Fourth Dimension]] on VFD, I saw that
someone at 68.5.127.81 had removed all comments about said page there. I
reverted, and checked his user contributions: He'd previously posted Kurt
Kawohl's everything2 spiel to [[Talk:Transcendentalism]] and made some
comments on the talk page of THOTFD consistent with Kawhol's writing. Most
recently, he'd removed the VFD notice from THOTFD (and later blanked it
entirely). I reverted, he reblanked a few times.  I tracerouted the ip, and
it came out to a cox.net address in Irvine, CA. Kurt Kawohl lives in
southern CA and has a cox.net email address. With the deletion of comments
from VFD and attempting to remove VFD notice from that page, and his not
having contributed -anything- to Wikipedia other than posting his rambling
essays, I'm thinking ban. At the least, he needs to be informed that his
behavior is unacceptable, and he's rapidly heading towards a ban.

This was either the second or the third time I've had a back-and-forth
reversion issue with an anon (I call them that, despite the irony- one's IP
gives away much more than a login- but I digress) vandal... I find it rather
irritating to not be able to simply stop them, and this has led me to do
something I've been meaning to do for a little while (holding off because I
felt that I was too new): requested adminship on [[WP:RFA]].

Anyhow. Just thought'd I'd mention all that.

-- Jake