[WikiEN-l] Break

K Forstner kurt.forstner at chello.at
Thu Sep 18 14:41:53 UTC 2003

Wikipedia actually forces me to take an indefinite break until the whole
thing is running properly again. A couple of days ago, I wikified a long
page and for once forgot to copy it before pressing the "save" button.
Needless to say, the whole thing was lost irrevocably before I had realized
my mistake. Yesterday I was careless again and added five titles to
Kingturtle's reading list -- lost forever. Now I just wanted to update a
page -- impossible.

I'm still amazed that this is not being discussed. Instead, I am inundated
by e-mails about bots, most of which are just copies of old e-mails with one
sentence added at the bottom. I don't understand participants' priorities
here.

I have been used to having a look at Wikipedia first thing whenever I sit
down at my  computer. I guess I'll keep doing so and occasionally try to
edit an article, but since all good features (watchlist, search function
etc.) are more or less gone and as it now usually takes one minute or so to
get from the edit history back to the article I don't think I'll be able to
contribute a lot. This is just too frustrating.

Whatever happened to the "new server madness"?

KF