[WikiEN-l] sigh, 142.177

rednblack at alum.mit.edu rednblack at alum.mit.edu
Thu Sep 18 18:49:51 UTC 2003

Hi,

I've been fighting for roughly the past half-day with 142.177.*.* (formerly
24.*.*.* and EntmootsOfTrolls) over [[Islamism]] and [[militant Islam]]. I
must admit that I'm not really a very patient person, especially when the other
party is not at all willing to engage, refuses to respond to my points, and
is only interested in pushing his idiosyncratic viewpoint. It's even more
irritating when the user has been hard-banned several times, and writes totally
terrible, unfocused and irrelevant crap on top of everything else.

So, I'd like some advice on how to deal with this situation.

See [[Talk:Islamism]], [[Talk:Militant Islam/Delete]], and [[Wikipedia:Problem
users]], where he listed myself and RK after I asked to have [[Islamism]]
protected, for discussion. I'll admit my bias: I wrote most of [[Islamism]],
and while it isn't perfect and needs a whole lot of work, I feel that the
changes 142 is making are totally inappropriate.

Saurabh (Graft)

------
[T]he system isn't great leaders, great machinating people controlling it all.
It's each person performing their job as one little cog in this thing..
-- Terry Gilliam, on 'Brazil'