[WikiEN-l] Re: Not with a Bot (Izrae

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 00:23:45 UTC 2003

This is nonsense.  The information is not from a questionable source, the material is to be presented in a meaningful matter.  Your only objection is your unreasonable hatred for the Israeli government, which has nothing to do with the subject at hand.  Unless someone has any objections other thatn Stevertigo, can we PLEASE end this and continue with discussing the merits of the BOT per se, and not the source of the material?

RickK

Steve Vertigum <utilitymuffinresearch2 at yahoo.com> wrote:
Why dont you email Chomsky Daniel. Im not an expert. Read that link on the email too. I think you two would hit it off--dont axe me why.

We agree then that there are standards which would cause us to void some statistics-- we can refuse to be ignorant and admit that statistics are not unpolitical-- that we not take them at face value.  We can agree to use the .il statistics, provided we violate their "moral" copyright-- And AS I SAID THREE times: Not with a bot. A bot represents a privelidged means of access to the Wikipedia.

l Ehrenberg <littledanehren at yahoo.com> wrote:
--- Adam Raizen wrote:
> Okay, you're obviously not going to like anything
> else I have to say, so
> I'm done. If anyone else has any objections, please
> bring them up.
>
> I really find it incredible that you're objecting. A
> lot of things have
> been said against the government of Israel, but I
> haven't heard anyone
> questioning the statistics it gathers for its own
> bureaucratic purposes
> on its own citizens (these data do not include any
> information on
> Palestinians in the territories). How might the
> statistics be biased
> exactly? Too many or too few Jews? Too large a
> population, or too small?
> What would be the purpose of that? (Don't answer,
> it's a rhetorical
> question. I'm not going to debate this.)
! >
> -- Adam Raizen

I can kinda see Steve's point, but I don't agree with
it. I wouldn't, under any circumstances, accept data
from Congo under any circumstances. But Congo has
active massacres on its citizens, and on all measures
is worse than Israel. I can refute any specific
argument against Israel, just email me offlist, Steve.
LDan