[WikiEN-l] Bot for generating articles on cities in Israel

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Sep 17 08:18:27 UTC 2003

Adam Raizen wrote:

> I would like to use a bot to upload articles on cities in Israel based
> on information from Israel's Central Bureau of Statistics
> (http://www.cbs.gov.il), a la Rambot. You can see an example article
> at [[User:AdamRaizen/Ramla]]. Any objections or comments?

I've looked at the site and found this in the copyright notice:

    User must respect the "moral rights" of the CBS and the State of
    Israel in the copyrighted material. Therefore, when quoting from
    the copyrighted material, User must attribute the source to the
    Central Bureau of Statistics of the State of Israel. In addition,
    User may not alter, modify or in any other fashion change the
    copyrighted material, and may not do any other act which might
    diminish the value of the copyrighted material in a manner which
    would cast aspersion on the State of Israel or on the CBS.

It seems to me that using this material could at least in part be a
violation of copyrights.. Has anyone looked into this.

Ec