[WikiEN-l] Re: Bot for generating articles on cities in Israel

Adam Raizen araizen at newmail.net
Mon Sep 15 13:34:26 UTC 2003

Daniel Ehrenberg wrote:
> --- Adam Raizen <araizen at newmail.net> wrote:
>
>>I would like to use a bot to upload articles on
>>cities in Israel based
>>on information from Israel's Central Bureau of
>>Statistics
>>(http://www.cbs.gov.il), a la Rambot. You can see an
>>example article at
>>[[User:AdamRaizen/Ramla]]. Any objections or
>>comments?
>>
>>--Adam Raizen
>

> I wouldn't object, but the following part is a bit
> unclear:
>
> The ethnic makeup of the city is 80.5% Jewish and
> other, and 20.0% Arab (15.4% Muslim and 4.0%
> Christian). There are 450 new immigrants.

What's unclear about it? Also, do you think that there are too many
statistics, or too few? There are a lot more statistics available, but I
don't want to clutter up the pages with a bunch of useless statistics.

> Also, I would like to know how this bot handles it
> when articles are already there but it wants to put
> this data there.
> LDan

I haven't worked out the details yet, but it will do it gracefully,
without clobbering any existing data. I'll post an example article of a
conflict soon. There are only a dozen or so existing articles, so it
will be possible to go over them individually to make sure the bot's
article is merged well with the existing article.

--Adam Raizen