[WikiEN-l] BuddhaInside's behaviour

sannse sannse at delphiforums.com
Mon Sep 15 09:14:05 UTC 2003

Anthere wrote:

> Seconded. As mentionned in the title, these are
> "personal" pages. Or not ?
>
> The "public state record" is not lost. It may always
> be seen by a sysop as a deleted page, and undeleted if
> necessary.
>
> So what is the point in refusing the deletion of a
> *personal* page ? How wikilove is it to irritate
> someone for such an unimportant point ?

In general I don't see a problem with deleting personal pages either.  But
for an *active* contributor the page is likely to be regenerated very
quickly.  The talk page for sure, especially with a controversial user.
Someone is going to want to talk to them and will start a new page in no
time.  And the user page itself is likely to be regenerated - either by
someone wanting to remove the red link from "recent changes" or by someone
mistaking it for the talk page (as often happens with blank user pages).

So we would end up having to delete the pages over and over again.  That
*would* be waste of time.

If BuddhaInside just wanted a clean slate on hir pages, then I would say
delete.  But permanently non-existent user talk pages are not practical for
an active contributor (and the implied refusal to communicate with other
users is unhelpful to say the least)

sannse