[WikiEN-l] Adam [name omitted for privacy reasons]

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Sep 13 08:32:11 UTC 2003

james duffy wrote:

>> Adam [name omitted for privacy reasons] and I have been having a long discussion, and he would
>> like for me to reinstate him.  He is of the belief that I am the only
>> one who would be against this, although he does allow as there may be
>> some complaints from those who have been most strongly against him in
>> the past.
>>
>> However, at this point in time, I have no objections to his return,
>> and would like to reinstate him under the name 'Adam [name omitted for privacy reasons]'.
>>
>> The interpersonal courtesies that would be expected of him at that
>> point would be the same as expected of anyone.  That is to say, he
>> would not be on any sort of extra-special probation, although of
>> course he should be aware that some people will be wary of him at
>> first.
>

> If Adam
> 1. comes back as Adam,
> 2. edits as Adam and /only/ as Adam,
> 3. vows not to revert to running multiple personae
> 4. avoids personalised attacks on those he perceives as his 'enemies'
>
> then I will support his reinstatement.

I have no problem with Adam's return.  I wouldn't consider that using
the user name Adam to be a requirement, but whateve name he chooses he
should use consistently.  I support JT's points 3 and 4.

I would suggest that he cultivate a few ties with some Wikipedians that
he feels he can trust, and that he learn to back off in an edit war
while he consults with those that he trusts.

Ec