[WikiEN-l] User Kwantus

Dante Alighieri dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com
Mon Sep 8 19:51:45 UTC 2003

At 12:30 PM 9/8/2003, you wrote:
>On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 12:06, Dante Alighieri wrote:
> > Heh. I swear, I checked last week and 5.2 was still current. :) 6 must
> have
> > JUST come out. Anyway, here's Eudora 6.
> >
> > æ ligature aesch
> > ¢ cent sign
> >  Euro sign
>
>That doesn't come out, as your mail was marked as ISO-8859-1, an
>encoding which doesn't include the Euro sign. See if you can get it to
>send mails in ISO-8859-15 or Windows-1252 (or better yet, UTF-8).
>
> > ç French c with a tail thingy
> > ñ tilde over an n
> > ä umlaut over an a
> > ð lowercase delta
> > ß ess tsett
> >
> > Let's see if that works...
>
>And my reply... :)
>
>-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

*sigh* OK, this doesn't seem to be working. I received the above.... the
weird thing is, when I send OUT the message, the messages are fine, I just
can't receive the characters. I even checked my OUT box and the message
displays fine... stupid Eudora!!!

I can't seem to find a way to change my encoding... anyone know how?

-----
Dante Alighieri
dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their
neutrality in times of great moral crisis."
    -Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321