[WikiEN-l] EdSP and e-mail

Stevertigo utilitymuffinresearch2 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 19:18:44 UTC 2003

--- "Poor, Edmund W" <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com> wrote:

> I wish people would stop putting words in my mouth.
> The last batch of
> words was dusty, and this batch was sour. I'm
> running out of Listerine
> :-)
>
> If anyone (a) isn't sure what I mean, and (b) needs
> to be sure, why not
> ask me? I l-o-v-e repeating myself, amplifying my
> meaning, waxing
> prosaic, etc.
>
> Half the time I'm not even sure what I myself am
> thinking. Is there
> anyone so good at reading minds that they can
> discern what another
> person is thinking? Over the Internet? Get real.

Its an interesting point you bring up. I will get the
UMRK on it right away.  Its funny isnt it, how much we
can tell about each other, just by the words they
write.  Its a very intimate sort of way of
communication --one who's (/?/personal posessive for a
machine process?/?/) change upon the society has yet
to be looked at qualitatively.  I remember going to
school just as computers were starting to become
useful -- no internet, not a lot of them around --slow
as hell, etc.  It may be that web communication, acts
socially, in a way that provides some validation for
some of the non-linear thinking thats gets expressed
in terms like "metaphysical" or "extra-physical"
communication.

~S~