[WikiEN-l] Re: Jtdirl ban (was : Eric's abuse of his sysop powers)

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Oct 20 23:20:06 UTC 2003

I think the hardest thing of all is to "let someone else be wrong".

I have tried very hard this last week, to be extra cooperative with
William Connolley. You should check out my User Contributions,
especially the talk pages: follow me around, and see how I'm doing. I
could use some pointers.

It's not easy to BOTH (a) totally disagree with someone and (b) pledge
to write neutrally about your disagreement with that person.

Usually, one states one's own case as forcefully as possible. It's also
common to minimize, distort or dismiss the case that other make: even to
discredit them, so no one will listen. Imagine how hard it is for me to
curb my tongue about global warming or about that kooky 'cult' I'm in!!
^_^

I think you and I, my eloquent friend, have shown an excellent example
of WikiCooperation of late.

Ed Poor