[WikiEN-l] Re: Burnout

Louis Kyu Won Ryu lazolla at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 20 16:48:17 UTC 2003

> A good plan - it's very easy to get wrapped up in serious debate,
> but that takes away the enjoyment - and yet there are thousands
> of "fun" articles to add, noncontroversial content that is a necessary
> part of a comprehensive encyclopedia.

I believe that this indicates that we need a better way to agree (or at
least act) on controversial matters.

It is good advice anywhere to avoid burning out on unimportant issues,
but that seems especially true at Wikipedia.  The amount of frustration
that editors suffer trying to resolve something over a single article is
high, because the process is unclear, and because of the wide range of
attitudes of those involved in the decisions.

Louis