[WikiEN-l] Consensus on Banning

Daniel Ehrenberg littledanehren at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 21:58:20 UTC 2003

> To this, I'd like to add a following point:
>
> 4. This process should not rely on Jimbo. That's for
> the simple
>    reason eventually he won't be involved as closely
> with Wikipedia,
>    & may be replaced by someone who is not as
> ``hands-off" or
>    ``wise" or ``lazy" as Jimbo has been, & starts to
> push her/his
>    own POV onto all of us.
>
> Geoff

I agree that we shouldn't be too dependant on Jimbo
because, eventually, wikipedia will grow to big and/or
Jimbo will die and he won't be able to run it anymore,
but I don't see anything wrong with his current
leadership. I don't see why we need a leader that
tries to push their POV on everything; that's kinda
undemocratic. If Jimbo ever is unfit to lead wikipedia
for some reason, I think the leadership will turn over
to the developers because we won't be able to get a
consensus on who to be the leader, but I also think
that this would be the best outcome. In any event, we
can't kick Jimbo out of power because he owns the
servers.
LDan