[WikiEN-l] William Connelley no longer neutral contributor

Gareth Owen wiki at gwowen.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 09:59:52 UTC 2003

"Poor, Edmund W" <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com> writes:

> But in the debate over the environment, there is no consensus. Some
> scientists think one thing, while others think another. The viewpoint of
> the UN's climate panel, which was a plank in the Democratic Party's
> campaign, is that THERE IS A CONSENSUS FAVORING GLOBAL WARMING THEORY.

Ed, will you drop this.  You don't know what you're talking about.

There is not unanimity, there is however, certainly a massive majority of
informed scientific opinion that believes in anthropogenic.  I don't know
whether consensus require unanimity, but that *is* the present majority
belief.
They may be wrong, but thats what most environmental scientists believe.
Trust me, I work in the area.

To state otherwise is to be totally
out of touch with the scientific literature.

> What could be simpler?

The fact that you persistently and erroneously exaggerate the size of the
anti-camp within the scientific community -- mainly due to their hefty
funding, loud voices and desire to appear iconoclasts.
--
Gareth Owen
"The best lack all conviction and the worst are full of passionate intensity"