[WikiEN-l] William Connelley no longer neutral contributor(Re: toJimbo)

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Tue Nov 25 03:52:47 UTC 2003

Still have confusion about the topic in this comment. The passage under
discussion relates to ozone depletion, not global warming. Other than that
it seems right on.

>> It's basically Singer's POV vs. Connolley's POV. Lots of
>> environmentalsts side with Connolley, and lots of others side with
>> Singer.

Is simply a false statement. There may be some serious scientists that doubt
that global warming exists or has a human cause, but there may not be any
that side with Singer on the ozone question. Who, for example, seriously
thinks UV radiation doesn't cause skin cancer? But what Ed says is even more
insidious, he says "lots of environmentalists (or is it others, what
others?) side with Singer.

The worst thing about this for me is that Ed makes absolutely no claim to
any knowledge or expertise on the underlying facts yet he advances a
position seemingly utterly without factual basis.

Fred