[WikiEN-l] Reddi's POV edits of Current Events

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Nov 24 14:33:02 UTC 2003

James, I am confused by Reddi's comments.

Is he saying he's /right/ about a certain point, like the "correct
definition" of [[suicide bomber]]? If so, then he is an advocate, rather
than a neutral contributor. We should thus counsel him to re-cast his
view as the POV of a prominent organization or person, and to contrast
it with other views:

Here is a (fake) Jewish view, contrasted with his (real) Word Spy view.
* Hyram N. Fyrem of the Benign Birth Society says that ''suicide
bombing'' means the deliberate murder of people.
* Word Spy [http://www.wordspy.com/words/suicidebomber.asp] defines
''suicide bombing'' in a broader sense that includes acts which kill
only the person detonating the bomb.

I'm not sure /why/ this distinction would matter.

Maybe he's trying to make the point that Arab "human bombs" aren't
/murdering/ the people they kill: it's murder only if the homicide is
both (a) deliberate AND (b) unjustified. He might be saying that he
feels the suicide bombing campaign against Israel or the US is
"justified".

Unfortunately, he's not being clear, and I'm running out of patience
*speculating* on what he might mean.

Feel free to revert any of his edits which don't make sense. If this
doesn't work, we might have to lock the relevant article(s).

Uncle Ed