[WikiEN-l] Spelling Day?

Adam [name omitted for privacy reasons] wikien-l at Wikipedia.org
Sat Nov 22 16:01:44 UTC 2003

Today is apparently spelling day, it appears that a number of users are running bots to fix spelling errors. I believe this practice should be stopped; first off, it is a waste of time to correct spelling on articles which are far from finished. But more importantly, the bots are going to write over words which are supposed to be spelled a certain way, I know that there are quotes with deliberately misspelled words in them. Spelling day is a bad idea.