[WikiEN-l] Reddi's POV edits of Current Events

James Duffy jtdire at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 22 00:12:08 UTC 2003

>Ed Poor wrote
>James,
>
>Try saying, "How's that again?"

Hi Ed, here's some examples of Reddi's comments, which left everyone on the
talk page utterly confused about what he was taking about.

:: [snip 'avoid points of the discussion and attack me personally']
:: ''suicide bombing'' means the deliberate MURDER of people, carried out by
a person who kills THEMSELVES as part of the process? THAT'S NOT WHAT IT'S
DEFINED AS!!! [http://www.wordspy.com/words/suicidebomber.asp]
[http://www.wordspy.com/words/homicidebombing.asp]
:: Its meaning could not be clearer? hmmm ok ... sure it does ...
:: ''Homocide bombing'' is a politically manufactured term created to
obscure the methodology of the murder? to yours [and others] POV ... YMMV on
that ...
:: As such it is POV and not in any way wiki-suitable.
:: [snip attack on me personally again and disreguard the points]
:: I'm not misrepresent anything ... my "''agenda''" is to be correct in the
statements of facts ... apearantly it's nice to avofd the facts, they get in
the way of the truth. (see the links @ the top of the page and refer to the
misapplication of the terms hacker and cracker )which is very similiar to
this discussion))
:: Wiki can go on an be incorrect (if everyone want it to be) ...
:: Wiki policy is to use clearly understood, internationally recognised NPOV
terminology? better start using "Martyrdom operation" because BOTH "Homicide
bombing" and "Suicide bombing" is not NPOV internationally (BTW, as a side
note, each term of the three is a "spin" ... you just spin it one way that
you prefer (incorrectly from the definitions, also)).

: ''does not belong''? YMMV on that ... ''getting annoying''?  [chuckles]
: Just a note: particular cartoon -> star wars cartoon; not a US cartoon
network [can we say "distortion"?], it was/is an ''international'' network;
... YMMV on how interesting / topical entertainment news is ... it does
introduce topics for wikipedia. Just an opinion ... "''[[User:Reddi|Not an
irish drunk]]''"

:: call it what ''MANY'' say it is AND what it is in it's nature ...
:: That is NPOV, not POV ...
:: LOL at 99% ... (lie, lies, and staticstics ... really it's only 98 let's not
quibble on math BECAUSE it's irrelevant; see below)
:: Alot of nations helped promote Cuba's propagada? ... ok
:: I expressed america'a view of the situation (which is the ''main view''
... the poiint of which is conviently ignored and not expressed [''see
bilateral dispute''])
::  I didn't "'add''" in any preferred loaded terms ... it is what it is ...
and the view of many american officals (which didn't participate in the
propaganda forum) ...
:: not the first time i've POV'ed [[Current events]]? sure, ''whatever, that
is IYO ...
:: LOL@ÉIREANN n Breaks '''every'''... which guideline on wikipedia? mabey
the "ignore all rules" guideline? mabey not ...
:: The fact it's a bilateral dispute and it's not a matter of the UN (among
the others i mentioned previously) ... that show that it is propaganda piece
driven by mainly 3rd worlders and European (both o' which are biased; mainly
from thier already biased press) ...
:: Other nations's views are irrelevant to this ... and their input is a use
of propaganda (pretty plain to see, sorry you can't see it (though I don't
expect you to ÉIREANN (nor '''some''' other ''individuals'' on wiki) to see
it)) ...
:: This is not the first time you've made allegations of POV [[Current
events]] @ me and attacked me (ala. clumsy, opinionated) ... but that does
nothing for you points (and detracts from them)
:: NPOV involves careful use of language? why don't you look up propaganda
in a dictionary and take out your POV and "try" to see (though I doubt you
will, nor can) ....
:: Attribution of comments and POVs? It was ''facts'' from the article ...
:: Adding in "loaded" language? IYO ...
:: "shoddily written, agenda-driven bit of tabloid-ese"? again IYO ...
:: So ANY editorial lines to the [[Current events]] should be removed? I'll
then make sure I to remove the editorial lines of europeans and 3rd world
nations ....
:: [snip rest o' ÉIREANN's POV / personal attack]
:: I really don't care and it's largely irrelevant though, because ppl can
see it for what it is ... a non-binding and non-enforceable piece of
propaganda ...
:: Sincerely, [[User:Reddi|reddi]]