[WikiEN-l] Wik's views

Tim the Enchanter t-money at thehouse.ws
Fri Nov 21 21:26:40 UTC 2003

I have only been on Wikipedia for about a week so I don't suspect that my
views are going to carry much weight.  However, I have spent a good bit of
today reviewing some of these edit wars and some of the talk pages so I
think I'll put in $.02 worth.  Wik, I would say, does not act out of spite,
but simply wants to contribute what he can to the wikipedia ensure that the
entries he works on are correct.

The problem is he is very stubborn, refusing to even give an inch when he
has decided he is correct about something.  This does show a sign of
immaturity in him, but I would not say that is a bannable offense.  He has
been in numerous edit wars with various users where both continuously revert
each others edits.  Wik's attitude seems to be that he'd rather completely
remove the contributions that he disagrees with rather than adjusting them
to be more neutral (sense that seems to be the major reasoning behind his
changes).  I have observed that such actions has caused other problems such
as portions of articles, that had no reason to be removed, being deleted
accidentally.

Obviously this situation should be dealt with in a timely fashion.  I think
the best answer would be a stricter policy on reversions and edit wars.
There have to be consequences to dissuade users from getting into these
pointless disputes.  I more immediate action to address this situation would
be to issue a warning from the site owner (Jimbo I believe) stating that Wik
must start using other methods besides reversions for a certain amount of
time to see if he can learn to be more [[diplomatic]], leastwise he would be
banned if not permanently then at least temporarily.

[[User:T-Money|T-Money]]