[WikiEN-l] Proposal for Harmony (was: Policy on Reversions?)

viajero at quilombo.nl viajero at quilombo.nl
Wed Nov 19 18:33:56 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I find the one revert limit a little too virtuous; moreover, there has
been a discussion and proposal on [[Wikipedia_talk:How to revert a page to
an earlier version]] regarding a "three-revert" guideline.

This seems sensible to me (and others it appears). Moreover, I think this
guideline can also be used as a definition of what an edit war is, namely
reverting an edit more than three times.

This is useful because defining what exactly an edit war is is the first
step to deciding what to do about them.

One possibility I discussed briefly yesterday with another sysop would be
to ban users who have gotten involved in an edit war from the relevant
article for a given period (a week or two). Although it would be nice,
this would probably be impossible to do by software. So, who would decide
this? What about a panel of sysops, say three or five, rotated on a
monthly basis?

I appreciate Ed's proposal but fail to see how it would solve the problem
of intransigent reverters like Wik.

V.