[WikiEN-l] Policy on Reversions?

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Wed Nov 19 14:08:45 UTC 2003

I think Daniel (maveric) is not really proposing
a change in policy, so much as he is making a call
for a more congenial and cooperative attitude.

Repeatedly reverting others' edits is a pointless
waste of time and will never resolve controversies
about facts or points of view (POV). We ought to make
a distinction, as I think mav has done, between (1)
taking a firm stand against simple vandalism like
"you are a poopoo head" and (2) stubbornly insisting
on "rightness" in a POV dispute.

Resolution of a dispute requires a mutually agreeable
outcome, a "win-win" condition. Otherwise, it's
not stable. We ought to work toward stability by
clarifying each person's win conditions.

Ed Poor, aka Uncle Ed