[WikiEN-l] Re: User:Caius2ga

Mirko Thiessen mt at mirko-thiessen.de
Tue Nov 18 08:42:13 UTC 2003

RickK wrote:

> [[User:Caius2ga]] is repeatedly involved in edit wars
> over the useage of the names of Polish cities, insisting
> on calling every city that ever was or ever might have
> been in Poland, by its current name, regardless of what
> it might have ever been called.  He has now begun to
> refer to those who disagree with him as Nazis.

Most disgusting is the behaviour of almost all parties involved in these
edit wars. While I do not have a preference concerning the city names (I
don't care what they are called, there are indeed more important things),
the name calling and reversion wars are unacceptable.

The brave user Kosebamse mediated a compromise for the Silesia article.
The main combattants Nico and Szopen agreed to accept the final wording,
apologised to each other for previous behaviour and removed themselves
 from the problem user page. But there are users who refuse to discuss
while a page is protected. See the discussion on [[User talk:Wik]], where
Kosebamse tried to convince him of discussing his points of view. As soon
as a page is unprotected, this sort of users is starting to revert. The
Silesia page was unprotected for twelve hours (which is almost a record),
and after it was protected again, user Caius2ga started to call his
opponents Nazis.

PLEASE NOTE that this is not a complaint about the content, which is
inserted into the articles by certain users. It is a complaint about the
behaviour of the users involved. Their behaviour is a shame and as far
 from Wikiquette as it could be.

I am just an observer and not involved anymore, because I learnt that
mediation is useless with this sort of users. I guess, Kosebamse won't
give it one more try as well. This is so frustrating. I know of several
users who keep out of all Poland/Germany articles (me included), and I
know one user, who left Wikipedia because of this. My advice: Kick them
out. Wik and Caius2ga are not able to work in a cooperative project and
are poisoning the atmosphere.

Best regards,

Mirko.