[WikiEN-l] Adolph Hitler

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Thu Nov 13 13:48:20 UTC 2003

J. Noel Chiappa wrote:
> No, if a mis-spelling gets 70,000 hits it deserves a *redirect*. A name
> variant only deserves a mention in the article if it's one that people
> actually consciously use (e.g. Rameses/Ramesses).

But I'm not so sure that 'mis-spelling' is what this is, given that
both variants have been used in the titles of books by reputable
publishers.  I absolutely agree that a redirect is in order -- we
don't need two articles here.  But I also think that a line or two in
the body of the article covering the variant spelling is warranted,
since it's something that a reader is likely to wonder about.

--Jimbo