[WikiEN-l] What are we going to do about Wik and Lir?

Mirko Thiessen mt at mirko-thiessen.de
Thu Nov 13 08:22:05 UTC 2003

Ray Saintonge wrote:

>> Wik and Lir are engaged in several edit wars in such such articles as
>> [[Joseph Goebbels]], [[Anton Chekhov]], [[Adolf Hitler]], God knows how
>> many more.  Every time one reverts something, the other one turns
>> around and re-reverts it.  It's as if we're going to have to Protect
>> every page that either one of them works on, because as soon as one of
>> them works on a page, the other will go right in behind them and revert
>> it.  This is getting ridiculous.  It has to come to a stop

> Most of these seem to be rather trivial edit woars
> over alternative name spellings.  Protecting the articles
> is pointless.  If they want to keep beating each other
> over the head over this they should feel free to do so.

No they should not. This is a quite annoying behaviour. Just have a look
at [[Wikipedia:Protected_page]]. Whenever a new page is listed there, it
is because of Monsieur Wik involved in a new edit war. Instead of giving
him a free hand he should receive a warning from some person of authority,
that such behaviour is not appropriate. It is not only Lir. Wik is
permanently in a state of edit war with someone on Wikipedia.

Mirko.