[WikiEN-l] Fred Bauder's slander [was:India problems]

Andre Engels engelsAG at t-online.de
Sat Nov 8 19:17:52 UTC 2003

"Fred Bauder" <fredbaud at ctelco.net> schrieb:

> I think the most important fact about India relevant to this discussion is
> that it is the largest Muslim nation in the world. That is, more muslims
> live in India than in any other state.

Not that it matters to your point, but although one of the largest Muslim nations, India is not the largest. Looking at the data on [[Demographics of India]], India's Muslim population (over 140 million) is second after Indonesia's (almost 200 million). Elsewhere on the page, it is stated that there are 120 million Muslims in India, which would make it go down to third place (Pakistan with 130-140 million Muslims being second).

Andre Engels