[WikiEN-l] Fred Bauder's slander [was:India problems]

Jake Nelson jnelson at soncom.com
Sat Nov 8 06:56:20 UTC 2003

libertarian wrote:
[snip]
> You see, except you and your whiteskinned race, the rest of us
> are barbarians.

[snip]
>       Let me tell you why you wrote what you did. You are probably a
> White skinned American who is brainwashed into believing that only
> White Americans are peaceful people while all the rest are barbarians.
> No wonder you guys supported Osama bin Laden without batting an
> eyelid and consider it a sacred act of defending liberty even though
> he was killing people in other countries.

[snip]

> Oh yes, white skins are here to save the world and any attack on
> whites is an attack on liberty while evil Hindus will lob nuclear
> missiles all over the world and therefore the world is a dangerous
> place! After all, it was the evil Hindus who dropped atomic bombs
> on Japan even though Japan was on the verge of surrender and the
> Generals had said that it wasn't required.

I don't want to get into this discussion as a whole, but to these, I say:
your ignorance of the modern US is showing. Do you know what lesson is
repeatedly drilled into children in schools here in history and culture
classes? "Whites are bad. They oppressed everyone, kill people, enslave
people. Basically every white male in history was utterly evil. Everything
that's ever gone wrong is 100% white men's fault. No one else has ever done
anything wrong. All whites are still profiting off what happened long ago,
you should all be so guilty." It's tremendous and pervasive. Now, I'm not
trying to deny that a lot of horrible things have been done, and so on, but
there's this constant portrayal of members of any other race as good and
virtuous and wise and never doing anything bad. And honestly, as for
anti-Hindu attitude, a lot of average Americans forget Hinduism exists, much
of the time. Muslims get portrayed as barbarians rather a lot lately... but
that's about it.

-- Jake, who expects nasty comments for this...