[WikiEN-l] Editing Protected Pages

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Sat Nov 8 01:17:51 UTC 2003

There's no rule against a sysop editing a
protected page - provided they do so in a
way that others can easily see that they're
not trying to take advantage of their status.

For example, I protected [[Silesia]] (twice,
actually) because Wik and Nico and all them
were at each other's throats and reverting
like crazy. I've made several edits since
then, without a single complaint about
"abusing sysop status". In fact, when I
unprotected the page most of the contributors
begged me to re-protect it.

We're not making much progress there these
days, but there's hardly any bickering going
on there either.

Uncle Ed
Originator of the s-m-o-o-t-h vibe (for licensing, contact Stevertigo)