[WikiEN-l] Can I buy a vowel?

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Fri Nov 7 23:54:37 UTC 2003

You're good at rhetoric, my dear Cunctator, but you haven't pricked my
conscience with your latest thrust.

It's really your first premise which troubles me: we don't want articles
of limited interest.

Well, ex-cuse me, but what is an encyclopedia BUT a clinking, clanking,
colossal collection of random articles each of which is of EXTREMELY
LIMITED INTEREST to most people?

We each tolerate the boring articles, because the collection as a whole
is useful to us in that we can easily find those few items of reference
that we're looking for.

Now just stamp QED on my forehead, and I'm through.

(bows modestly)

Ed Poor