[WikiEN-l] Proposed: stop all deletes for 6 months, then reconsider

user_Jamesday user_Jamesday at myrealbox.com
Fri Nov 7 04:40:46 UTC 2003

>> With all due respect, how is this a "strawman?"

Jamesday said "I propose that we simply stop deleting anything for six months." Sounds pretty absolute.

-Fuzheado<<

You expressed an objection which merited a response. A specific problem question would have received a better response, but how you want to be perceived by others is your choice.

All,

Please address any objections or proposals seriously rather than criticising the person posting the comment. Straw men won't impress anyone here, so those using those techniques are hurting their own view enough already. No need to add to it - they already shot themselves in the foot.

I proposed this so we could think about alternative ways to do things, so lets try doing that in his topic, even though it's not the one where we're talking about how to rank and filter comment so the most significant rises to the top and the uninteresting sinks to the point where nobody ever sees it.