[WikiEN-l] Rampant Deletionism

Jake Nelson jnelson at soncom.com
Fri Nov 7 01:50:42 UTC 2003

Vicki Rosenzweig wrote:
> At 07:06 PM 11/6/03 -0600, Jake Nelson wrote:
>
> >(This is getting a bit long.) I'm going to propose again what I proposed
> >once before: a temporary moratorium on deletions. Let's say two weeks.
> >Copyvios will be the only exception. Blanking can be used if there's felt
> >be no value at all to the content, but if there's verifiable information
in
> >it, leave it. Let's try it and see what happens, hmmm?
>
> Unless *just about everyone* disagrees with me, I'm going to continue to
> delete new pages that consist of obvious nonsense--asdfghjkl or the
> equivalent--rude grafitti, and "you should have an article here".

Understandable, and not the sort of thing I really oppose... but for the
duration of such a period, I'd prefer we try just blanking... or redirecting
to [[Wikipedia:Dead End]] or somesuch, as was proposed once. Maybe replace
with "(There is currently [[Wikipedia:Dead End|no text]] in this page)"?
Page can be named whatever, I'm just going with a name someone used once
before as an example. The idea being that whatever that page is, we can use
the "What links here" afterwards and evaluate what of that should be deleted
as junk.

-- Jake