[WikiEN-l] Rampant Deletionism

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Fri Nov 7 01:51:27 UTC 2003

Jake Nelson wrote:

>[...] I'm going to propose again what I proposed
>once before: a temporary moratorium on deletions. Let's say two weeks.
>Copyvios will be the only exception. Blanking can be used if there's felt to
>be no value at all to the content, but if there's verifiable information in
>it, leave it. Let's try it and see what happens, hmmm?

I think this would be an interesting experiment; gives hardcore deletionists
an incentive to think about other ways to control junk, like creating
[[Junk Article]] and making bad articles redir to it - moves debate
from VfD to the talk pages where it should be in the first place. Notify on
VfD, then protect it; and as Vicki mentions, still allow instant deletion
of the asdfasdf stuff.

After two weeks, if [[Junk Article]] has a thousand redirs pointing
to it, deletionists can see "see, we told you so."

Stan