[WikiEN-l] Rampant Deletionism

Delirium delirium at rufus.d2g.com
Thu Nov 6 19:08:41 UTC 2003

The Cunctator wrote:

>So is, imho, the renewed assault on the sep. 11 pages, but I guess
>that's to be expected, since the argument "some people put so much work
>into carefully researching the reports on the lives of the people killed
>that day and creating entries for them, and we can't be bothered to do
>the same for other people who have been killed, so we should delete all
>the entries" will never die.

That doesn't make any sense.  I *can* be bothered to do the work, but I
purposely choose not to, because it's not appropriate to Wikipedia.  I
could mass-import stubs on Oklahoma City deaths, or WW2 soldier deaths,
or Iraq soldier deaths, or hell, my grandfather's death, but none of
these are appropriate.

-Mark