[WikiEN-l] Rampant Deletionism

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Thu Nov 6 17:06:14 UTC 2003

On 11/6/03 11:46 AM, "Gareth Owen" <wiki at gwowen.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> The Cunctator <cunctator at kband.com> writes:
>
>> I guess Jimbo Wales is a "volunteer website contributor".
>
> Yes, I'd say thats exactly what Jimbo Wales is.

I'd say he's the "founder of Wikipedia, the largest copylefted reference in
the world."

>> I mean, can't you at least concede that at least John Joseph Murray did
>> something "important"?
>
> In the sense of "important enough to be included in an encyclopedia."
> Not really, no.
>
> Now tell me, would you push for his inclusion if he'd survived 9/11?
> (bear in mind that this would've enabled him to do
> *more* golf-based charitable work)

If someone had bothered to write newspaper articles about him, and someone
else had added the entry to Wikipedia, then yes. I've created at least one
equivalent entry (with no Sep-11 connection) before.

I probably wouldn't have bothered to add the entry unless I knew the guy.