[WikiEN-l] Rampant Deletionism

Peter Bartlett pete at pcbartlett.com
Thu Nov 6 16:48:39 UTC 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: The Cunctator [mailto:cunctator at kband.com]
Sent: 06 November 2003 16:02
To: English Wikipedia
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Rampant Deletionism

>[snip contents of several of the sep11 victim pages]

If those are the best examples to be found, I think the goals of
Wikimedia would be best served by having all those pages on the memorial
wiki and not on the en.wikipedia as well. Keeping two copies around
sucks up precious maintenance resources (in terms of keeping both copies
up-to-date with one another) and creates endless debate about the
encyclopedicness of the subjects.

What are we and our users losing my having this content at sep11 only,
linked-to wherever necessary in the other Wikimedia sites. Seems like
the wikipedia enjoys unnecessary superior status to the Wikimedia sites
sometimes

Pete
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Pcb21