[WikiEN-l] Partial solution to rampant deletionism

Adam [name omitted for privacy reasons] wikien-l at Wikipedia.org
Thu Nov 6 13:50:43 UTC 2003

I often find that many of the deletionists endorse and use this "policy":

If an article is not up-to-date, NPOV, well-written, long enough, or sufficiently accurate; then, it should be deleted. It is up to those who vote "keep"; to render this article to a "proper" level of quality; otherwise, it will be deleted.

I think a statement by Jimbo, if he agrees, that it is up to the deletionists to improve articles (rather than deleting them) will be somewhat useful for the non-deletionists. I am tired of seeing articles listed for deletion, simply because somebody thinks it "sucks"; I am tired of being threatened, "You either improve this article within the week; OR, we are gonna kill it!"