[WikiEN-l] Contact us (was: [m.bomb at verizon.net: wikipedia])

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 01:13:41 UTC 2003

Jimbo wrote:
>There seems to be a trend lately of people writing
>to me personally to complain about articles.
>
>I'm half joking here, but possibly we should have a
>link "Complain about this article".  But when
>people click on it, we say "Hey, don't complain,
>get involved!  Go back and click 'edit this page'.
>But first, please read _this_, _that_, and _the
>other_ to understand what's going on around here."

Well your email is listed as the main contact on the
donation page, so that may explain why (as soon as we
have a Wikimedia-l mailing list I'll switch your email
address with that). What is needed is for us to
replace 'Bug reports' in the sidebar with 'Contact
us'. Then we can have a direct link to the mailing
list (and also some text telling people to use
'discuss this page' to comment on articles). Of course
a list admin will have to approve the email for
listing, but once that is done then anybody can answer
the post.

That is how we do things at Wikibooks anyway.

http://wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks:Contact_us

Oh, and if this is implemented then I volunteer to
help with enwiki-l list admin tasks.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)