[WikiEN-l] Creationists (was: Following up -)

Nikola Smolenski smolensk at eunet.yu
Sat Nov 1 07:24:28 UTC 2003

On Friday 31 October 2003 15:33, Jimmy Wales wrote:
> We should move this offlist.
>
> Poor, Edmund W wrote:
> > Off topic, but is it really this high?  I'd heard lower.
> > I guess like all surveys and statistics, it depends how you
> > ask the question and how you work the data ...
>
> According to a survey released the other day, "half the atheists and
> agnostics surveyed believed that everyone had a soul, that heaven and
> hell existed and that there was life after death. One in eight

Believed, and the other sentence say believe. So, this probably means that
they believed before they became atheists/agnostics.

> atheists and agonistics believe that accepting Jesus Christ as savior
> probably makes life after death possible."

Agnostic is one who believe that it could not be proven whether God exists or
not. It is nothing wrong for some agnostics to believe that something
PROBABLY makes life after death possible.