[WikiEN-l] A plea for sanity in list communication

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu May 1 17:29:36 UTC 2003

Jim wrote:
>I also blame the Americans for everything,
>but in this case I must plead guilty (and
>guilt by association with Australians)

Funny, I blame the French for everything... Oh wait -
that's politics and is also fairly insulting to a
large group of Wikipedians so that type of thing
shouldn't be stated on the list. Silly me.

It should also be noted that an American, me, was the
main person arguing for the down style and I still
maintain that this is the most grammatically correct
way to express these names in a general context (that
is, outside of the bird articles). Thus redirects are
absolutely necessary.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)