[WikiEN-l] Re: Text color problem again.

Richard Grevers lists at dramatic.co.nz
Wed Jun 18 22:22:52 UTC 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:25:16 -0700, Stevertigo <stevertigo at attbi.com> gave
utterance to the following:

> First of all - a rule in psychology is "noone can *make you angry."
>
> Carrying this theme over to the color issue: No one can make you see
> colors
> you dont want to: Its your job to manage the settings of what you see
> there.
> So, in windows - internet options - under accesibility - you can "ingnore
> colors specified on web pages"  Under colors you can "use system colors".
> Then the color profile you set from the desktop (right
> click -properties..etc.) will apply to your web content too.
>
> In Mozilla - its similar - only the "ignore" and "use system colors" are
> both on the colors page.

So what exactly do the settings for two web browsers that I hardly ever use
have to do with the way my e-mail client displays things?

> There you go - that way no matter what I do - (cause these are all sent
> text
> only anyway - so i dunno.) it wont come up unreadable.
Bzzt - wrong. You are sending Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0025_01C3357D.255F69E0" which includes a
text/plain part and an text/html part which specifies <BODY
bgColor=#202020> and contains numerous font tags which set the text color
as #000000 (black).

The initial fault is Julie's (she posted in multipart with both text and
HTML to start with, but MSOE seems to have a rather severe bug when
replying to multipart messages - applying your bg colour but the original
message's font colour.

I humbly suggest that:
1) Julie endeavour to post only text/plain to mailing lists (have you
*seen* what multipart messages can do to a digest or archive?)
2) Steve endeavours to find a setting whereby OE replies to multipart
messages only in text/plain. (Many mail clients have such a setting)
3) Both of you try to find a decent mail client. :-)

--
Richard Grevers
I'm not lost - I'm directionally challenged