[WikiEN-l] WikiWomen (was Partial deletion)

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Jul 6 23:59:00 UTC 2003

steve vertigo wrote:

>Alright, alright... I got the point.  Would the people
>with clitorises stop making fun of the people with
>penises, please?  It's no picnic to carry on of *these
>around -- as evidenced by constant presumptiveness,
>bountiful typographical errors, and an early risk of
>alzheimers.

My OED says nothing about the plural of "clitoris"; even the above might
be read as "people with a clitoris" as it would be freaky for anybody to
have more than one.  Still there are grammatical circumstances in my
warped mind where the plural is imaginable.  "Clitoris" is a word of
Greek origin, and I wonder whether the proper plural might be "clitorides"

Ec