[WikiEN-l] 'larousse.wikipedia.org' is blocked

james duffy jtdirl at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 31 03:16:22 UTC 2003

I cannot get on to wiki. On the rare times I could today (less than 20% of
all attempts), I could not get into many pages. On those rare occasions when
I did actually get into something, I could not move between article and talk
page. If I actually could get onto a talk page I rarely could save anything
and my watchlist cannot be got to.

Instead I'd constantly get the damned message -

Host 'larousse.wikipedia.org' is blocked because of many connection errors.
Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'

If this error persists after reloading and clearing your browser cache,
please notify the Wikipedia developers.

I reloaded and cleared the browser cache to no effect. And the 'please
notify the Wikipedia developers' message would draw a blank, going nowhere.
What is going on?

JT