[WikiEN-l] Martin's rewriting of policy pages unilaterally

martin at myreddice.freeserve.co.uk martin at myreddice.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 00:02:27 UTC 2003

You know, I've been contemplating whether it's really in my best interests to send
this email... ;-) Still, here goes:

I'm mildly amused that Eloquence has been criticised for adding a single sentence to
a single policy page... Let's see: policy pages I've made major changes to over the
last month or so: [[wikipedia:deletion policy]], [[wikipedia:protected page]],
[[Wikipedia:Welcome, newcomers]], [[Wikipedia:Replies to common objections]],
[[Wikipedia:Patent nonsense]] - oh, and minor changes around the place. I've
generally been bold, and my copious screw-ups have been quickly caught and fixed.
So the process seems to work.

One of the things I disliked about h2g2 was that it could take months to fix
documentation bugs (that's not figurative: actual months. In one instance, it's been a
year since the problem was first reported, and it's still not fixed). On Wikipedia, it's a
matter of minutes, nay seconds. That's great - let's not lose that.

-Martin "MyRedDice" Harper.