[WikiEN-l] Catholicism

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Wed Jul 23 22:44:00 UTC 2003

Abe-
> *I had never edited the page prior to this edit war and I have never added
> content to the page. The article's history demonstrates that I only restored
> versions, which were to be protected, that did not contain the content
> responsible for the edit wars. Personally, I was the ideal person to
> stabilize the page, being of no faith and never having participated in
> topics pertaining to the sex-abuse scandal.

The problem is that you expressed a very strong POV before your actions.
You called the page contents gibberish, garbage, grotesque, rubbish,
trash. That may all be true, but it places you in a position where you can
no longer be an independent arbitrator. And that's what sysops who protect
pages in edit wars should be. I have not asked you for an apology -- I
have just asked you to accept and follow these rules: to only protect
pages in matters where you have not taken sides. Instead you ignored my
request and re-protected the page after I unprotected it. This, again,
goes against a spirit of mutual cooperation among sysops and against the
spirit of our policies as well.

I think you know that you overstepped the limits a little. I am willing to
do my part and say that the protected page guidelines could be clearer on
the point of when it is OK to protect and when it isn't. Can we then both
agree to follow the guidelines in the spirit outlined above?

Regards,

Erik