[WikiEN-l] Controversial edit war

Anthere anthere6 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 18:00:39 UTC 2003

Since the edit war is between a regular editor and
several sysops, is it ok to protect it, and that some
people (not included in the edit war) go on editing it
 ?

I looked for guidelines about this, and found none.
Just guidelines asking sysops included in the war to
please not edit the page. I found nothing about what
'other' sysops "proper" (with quotes) behavior should
be. What is the usual on the matter ? Is this ok that
controversial content is removed when the page is
protected (fortunately to be moved where it probably
belongs in this case, but with no consensus with the
one holding the generally-thought wrong opinion) ?

Why do we protect ? Is it the best choice in all
situations ? Did a protect/unprotect war already
happen ? Is it desirable ?

on a lighter note, do you like my new logo suggestion
?

http://meta.wikipedia.org/upload/c/ca/Tetra2%28L%29.png