[WikiEN-l] Fwd: wiki upset

steve vertigo utilitymuffinresearch at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 14:36:38 UTC 2003

The below cmplaint by an unfairly banned and wiped
user -- as first reported by Jt is exactly why the
notion of jumping to revert someones edits merely
based on a whirly notion of a slight resemblance to
someone banned -- is a bad idea, was a bad idea, and
will forever be a bad idea.

In light of this basic fact, that any edits can only
can judged on its own merits,  that only true
vandalism is truly identifiable, and that more tactful
approaches are always necessary for dealing with
anyone outside of the category of "vandal. To do
otherwise would be to continue asserting a
misconception that would lead to the loss of  more
good (but misguided) editors. ( This is not to say
that we shouldnt trail someone if we're suspicious of
them -- thats half the fun of the 'Pedia.)

--S---