[WikiEN-l] Fwd: wiki upset

james duffy jtdirl at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 16 02:49:40 UTC 2003

re-last night's blocking, I have since been in contact via email with Jason.

The problem arose because by a twist of fate, Jason was given an IP
previously used by DW and then went straight to edit articles which some of
DW's incarnations had edited in a rather controversial manner. It seemed at
the time rather too much of a coincidence. I and others were highly
suspicious. However even strange coincidences such that these evidently do
occur. The blocking had nothing to do with the opinions being expressed but
were simply because of a previous DW IP going straight of articles
associated with DW, or rather one of his personæ with had added in the past
in various places added references that were, or could be interpreted as,
supportive of paedophilia.  (Some comments made at that time were rather
disturbing. If I remember correctly I asked about wiki having any
downloadable images of children. It was presumed at the time that DW, having
been banned for the umptheenth time, had decided to get revenge by trying to
damage wiki by creating the impression to visitors that wiki could be of use
to, or was being used by,  paedophiles.)

It was in view of this, and the apparently suspicious coincidence of /that/
IP going to /those/ pages that a block was imposed and all changes which
were presumed to be DW's work, reverted or deleted.

The block has since been removed and some of the changes made reverted.
(Those who made the revertions decided not to reinsert all of Jason's
additions.) I have explained what happened and how it happened to Jason.

I hope that clears up the mystery.

JT