[WikiEN-l] Michael again

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 00:28:37 UTC 2003

Erik wrote:
>Vicki-
>> Can someone ban user 205.188.xx.xx; it's Michael
>> again and he's going after Hephaestos.
>
>Michael's edits should be auto-reverted when they are

>identified. I hard-banned a previous incarnation
>because he started moving pages around, which is more

>difficult to revert. But if he only makes edits, it
>is more efficient for us to stick to
>reverting/deleting all edits made under
>one pseudonym than to always have to figure out his
>account du jour.

But we have been doing this for months already - he
simply will not get the point! It is high time we
complained to AOL about this person. If that doesn't
work after a couple of trys then the whole IP range
that he uses should be blocked (and we should warn AOL
that this might happen). We should, however, allow
approved singed-in user accounts to edit from that IP
range (such as User:Danny who uses the same IP block
and anybody new who asks).

On the block notice we can give the AOL abuse email
address to direct complaints in the right direction.
We have already lost Zoe to this *@%! and now he is
going after Hephestos and others by moving their user
pages to "User:Bastard" and similar oh-so-clever
insults. Oh and Michael is already under a HarBan
(meaning all his edits are fair game for reverting and
we ask other users not to resurrect those edits).

I really do not see any other way to deal with this
mental case.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)